Phil-Union Frozen Foods, Inc. (PUFFI) was established on December 2007 with a License to Operate (LTO) #: RDII-RVII-F-3235 and a Philippine Economic Zone Administration (PEZA) registration #: 08-38. It is located in Gate # 5, Mactan Economic Zone 1 Extension, Barangay Ibo, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu. The following are its contact numbers, fax, website, & email address:
- Telephone #: +6332 341–4165 to 67
- Fax #: +6332 236–3234
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Website: www.phil-union.com
Phil-Union Frozen Foods, Inc. (PUFFI) manufactures pasteurized crab meat in cups and in cans, fresh frozen vacuum packed tuna cuts, headless shell-on block frozen shrimps and individually quick frozen peeled deveined shrimps, and other seafood products such as octopus and giant squid. Its market are in the USA, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, and other parts of Asia with future market plan destination to Europe.
Phil-Union Frozen Foods, Inc has an affiliate company, Phil-Union Canning Company Inc. which is located in Zamboanga, also produces canned sardines.
The manpower capacity of the plant is more or less 1,500 for every 8 working hours.
The manpower capacity of the plant is more or less 1,500 for every 8 working hours. It has the capacity to produce seven(7) tons of crab meat, three (3) tons of tuna, and four (4) tons of shrimp raw materials in a day. All facilities including the building are owned by Phil-Union Frozen Foods, Inc. (PUFFI), but its lot is leased from the Philippine Economic Zone Authority. The company is rated as a large scale business, with a total lot area of 22, 730 square meters. The following Break Down:
- 9,530 square meters – Main Plant (PUFFI)
- 4,500 square meters – Expansion 1 (PUFFI 2)
- 6,400 square meters – Expansion 2 (PUFFI 3)
- 1,100 square meters – Expansion 3 (PUFFI 4)
- 1,200 square meters – Warehouse
PUFFI controls all its supply chain operations from the different parts of the country, up to its main plant. All raw materials are transported in chilled conditions through domestic vessels and/or air freight to the port and airport of Cebu City. Raw materials are then transported to PUFFI main plant located at Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu for further processing.
PUFFI ensures that adequate facilities are provided to produce premium quality and food safety-compliant products.
Committed to continuous improvement, the company has the following certifications :
- Brand Reputation Through Compliance Globe Standards Certificate (BRCGS) for Crab & Shrimp Products
- Food Safety System Certification (FSSC 22000)
- HACCP, GMP, & SSOP Certified by SGS Philippines
- Philippine Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources (BFAR) Certificate
- Halal-Certified by IDCP
- European Union (EU) Cerificate
- Friends of the Sea
It has its own chemical and microbiological laboratory to ensure that all products would meet the chemical and microbiological requirements for fish and fishery products for export. As such, chemical and microbiological analyses are performed at a regular basis to ensure product safety and quality.
Phil-Union Frozen Foods, Inc. (PUFFI) acts in accordance with legal requirements, customer requirements, and other international standards such as HACCP and BRC Food. Hence, the company is fully committed to comply with the following National and International requirements:
- AO 2017-0010 – Philippines National Standard for Drinking Water 2017
- AO No. 153 (2004) Revised Guidelines on Current Good Manufacturing Practices in Manufacturing, Packing, Repacking or Holding Food
- FAO 117, Series of 1975 – Rules and Regulations Governing the Operation of Processing Plants for Fish and Fishery/Aquatic Products and Prescribing/Requiring Standards, Quality Control and Inspection or Processed Fish and Fishery/Aquatic Products
- FAO No. 210, Series of 2001 – Rules and Regulations on the Exportation of Fresh, Chilled and Frozen Fish and Fishery/Aquatic Products;
- FAO No. 211, Series of 2001 – Requirements for Pre-Processing and Processing Plants, the SSOP thereof and the Processing and Quality Requirement for Shellfish.
- FAO No. 212, Series of 2001 – Guideline on the Implementation of HACCP System
- PD 856 (1976) Code on Sanitation of the Philippines
- Bureau Circular No. 6-A – Permissible Net Content Variation in Pre-Packaged Food
- BFAR AC No. 251, s. of 2014 – Traceability System for Fish and Fishery Products
- AO No. 0030, Series of 2014 – Revised Rules and Regulations Governing the labeling of Pre-package Food Products Further amending certain provisions of AO No. 88-B, s. 1984 or The “Rules and Regulations Governing the Labeling of Pre-package of Food Products Distributed in the Philippines”, and for other Purposes
- FDA Circular No. 2010-008 – Adoption of the Codex Standards on Food Contaminants in Processed Food.
- RA No. 8550 – An Act Providing for the Development, Management and conservation of the Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, Integrating all Laws pertinent there to, and for other Purposes
- DA AO No. 10, s. 2015 – The Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 8550 as amended by Republic Act No. 10654
- Joint DA-DILG ADministrative Order No. 1 Series of 2014 – Regulation for the Conservation of Blue Swimming Crab (Portunus pelagicus)
- PNS/BAFS 178: 2016 – Philippine National Standard ofr Pasteurized Crab Meat
- USFDA 21 CFR Part 110 – Current Good Manufacturing Practice, in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food
- USFDA 21 CFR Part 123 – Fish and Fishery Product
- CAC/RCP 1-1969, Rev. 4-2003 – Recommended Internal Code of Practice General Principles of Food Hygiene
- CAC/RCP 8-1976 – Code of Practice for the Processing and Handling of Quick Frozen Foods
- CAC/RCP 23-1979 – Code of Hygienic Practice for Low and Acidified Low-Acid Canned Foods
- CAC/RCP 52-2003 – Code of Practice for Fish and Fishery Products
- CAC/RCP 60-2005 – Code of Practice for the Prevention and Reduction of Inorganic Tin Contamination in Canned Foods
- CAC/GL 21-1997 – Principles and Guidelines for the Establishment and Application of Food Microbiological Criteria Related to Foods
- CAC/GL 24-1997 – General Guidelines for Use of the Term “HALAL”
- CAC/GL 30-1999 – Principles and Guidelines for the Conduct of Microbiological Risk Assessment
- CAC/GL 69-2008 – Guidelines for the Validation of Food Safety Control Measures
- CFSAN 4th Edition – Fish & Fishery Products Hazard & Control Guidance
- CODEX STAN 1-1985 (Amended 2010) – General Standard for the Labeling of Prepackaged Food
- CODEX STAN 90-1981 (Amended 2013) – Codex Standard for Canned Crab Meat
- CODEX STAN 192-1995 (Rev. 16-2015) – General Standard for Food Additives
- CODEX STAN 193-1995 (Amended 2009) – Codex General Standard for Contaminants and Toxins in Food and Feed
- CODEX STAN 150-1985 (Amended 2006) – Codex Standard for Food Grade Salt
- EC No. 853/2004 – Implementation of Certain Provisions on the Hygiene of Food of Animal Origin
- EC No. 852/2004 – Regulation on the Hygiene of Food Stuffs
- EC No. 2073/2005 – Commission Regulation on Microbiological Criteria for Food Stuffs
- HK Special Administrative Regulation (2004) – Labeling Guidelines on Food Allergens, Food Additives, and Date Format
- Joint FAO/WHO 2009 – Benefits and Risk of the Use of Chlorine-Containing Disinfectants in Food Production and Food Processing
- JETRO Food Sanitation Act (2010) – Japan External Trade Organization – Specifications and Standards for Food, Food Additives, etc.
- EC No. 1441/2007 – Commission Regulation amending Regulation (EC) No 2073/2005 on microbiological criteria for food stuffs
- EC No. 1005/2008 – Commission Regulation establishing a Community system to prevent, deter and eliminate illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing, amending Regulations (EEC) No 2847/93, (EC) No. 1936/2001 and (EC) No 601/2004 and repealing Regulations (EC) No. 1093/94 and (EC) No 1447/1999
- EC No. 1333/2008 – Regulation of the European Parliament And of The Council on food additives
- USFDA 21 CFR 173.350 – Combustion Product Gas
- PUBLIC LAW 111-353-JAN. 4, 2011 – FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- The United States Pharmacopeial Convention (2015) – Appendix XVII: Food Fraud Mitigation Guidance
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Date Modified 2012-09-08 – Metal Can Defects (Identification and Classification Manual)
- NIST Handbook 133 – Checking the Net Contents of Packaged Goods
- Commission Regulation (EU) No. 2017/752 – Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/752 of 28 April 2017
- CODEX STAN 192-1995 – General Standard for Food Additives CODEX STAN 192-1995 update as of 2017
- CODEX STAN 92-1981 – Standard for Quick Frozen Shrimps or Prawns, revised as of 2017
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 488/2014 – COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 488/2014 of 12 May 2014 amending Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 2015/1005 – COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2015/1005 of 25 June 2015 amending Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006
- CODEX STAN 193-1995 amended 2017 – General Standard for Contaminants and Toxins in Food and Feed CXS 193-1995 amended 2017
Phil-Union Frozen Foods Inc. and its partners are dedicated to produce sustainably-sourced, sustainably-produced, legal, safe, and high quality seafood products to its customers.
To be a reliable partner to our suppliers, customers, and the fishing industry as a whole and to offer a safe working environment with ample opportunity for personal and professional development in an effective organization.
- INTEGRITY – We do the right thing.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – We take responsibilities.
- DISCIPLINE – We go by the rules.
- TEAMWORK – What we do, we do it as a team.
- COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMERS – We value you.
Phil-Union Frozen Foods Inc. (PUFFI) is committed to manufacture safe and best quality pasteurized crabmeat and vacuum-packed fresh frozen tuna in accordance to applicable local and international standards and ensure compliance to customers; based on applicable legal and statutory requirements.
The Top Management is committed to provide necessary resources to produce the best quality and safe pasteurized crabmeat and vacuum-packed fresh frozen tuna to its customers.
With system improvements as goal, PUFFI essentially maintains a highly competent, highly efficient, motivated, and God-centered manpower to guarantee effective planning, compliance, communication, implementation, and enhancement of PUFFI’s food safety and quality assured processes from the identification of regulatory and customer standards and requirements, procurement of good quality raw materials, design, development and realization of product processes at a cost competitive in the market.